Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Visitor


Last Sunday as you can see in the pic, we had a hailstorm. Pity the poor birds that cannot get out of the weather! I have fruit suet in the feeder pictured, hoping to attract robins. So far they haven't gone for it. I guess they have plenty of other food, now. They are around, I saw a number of them in the last week or so.

Here is a video of the female card. I uploaded it to utube, because I think the quality is better. Maybe it's me. A pic of her, for the bandwidth challenged. The gold is coming out in the goldfinch. I remember the first time I saw a pair of them. I did not know what they were, but their color sure made them stand out!

So I saw this new visitor in the yard. It hopped over to the squirrel bungee, and ate a piece of corn laying on the grass. It is larger than a wren, and it looks like a brown thrasher, but I really do not know what it is. Please leave a comment, if you know what it is.

My favorite bird forum is Garden Web. This moring I was getting the message, "Services for this domain have been discontinued". Whew! It is back now, had me worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment