Saturday, April 11, 2009

Platform Feeders

I saw that the ground feeder was getting a lot of action, so I moved the Birdcam to point at it. One problem with the ground feeder, see it here. Not sure what to do about that.

I moved the platform feeder, from under the tree, to a pole mount. You can see it in the pic. The pic is from my Weathercam. Click on preset 5 to view the feeder. You can also see a hummingbird feeder in this pic. I was not going to put them up this year, since I saw zero hummingbird activity last year, but I decided to put up ONE feeder.

It was raining all day, so I amused myself by watching the web cam, log in- nhpa, pass- birder. The goldfinch, HOFI and HOSP were entertaining. I also saw both the male and female cardinals. Up until recently, I had never seen them together, but now I see this pretty regularly. I uploaded another video of them to utube. The audio is OK on this one, not that there is anything to hear!

Since it was raining all day, I got to thinking about the seed getting wet. The hanging feeder had a dome covering it. Neither of them are covered, now. So I decided to replace the feeders with covered ones. I found this one. Hope my skimpy pole can hold it! Also, I thought this ground feeder looked nice. Won't do anything for groundhogs, though.

edit- Since you need an ID to leave a comment, I put my email address in the info bar on right. Please do not hesitate to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment