Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feeders Installed

Both of the covered platform feeders are now in place. I have to say, I like them both! I was worried about the large feeder being too heavy for the skimpy pole, but it is designed to be used on one. It comes with a compression mount, where you slip it on a one inch pole, and turn it tight. Very nice! Most feeders do not come with a mount. My only knock on this one is, it does not have a removable screen. Still, I would recommend them both. One thing about the ground feeder, it seems to attract more of the undesirable birds. Although I do like some, see the pic of HOSP in fog. I get tons of pics of cow birds and starlings, which I do not. On the other hand, I wouldn't see some birds without them.

I had a computer melt down, but I was able to pull my pics from it. I had a couple of the brown thrush, and I haven't seen it since, and I believe it moved on. I also had this chipping sparrow, pictured in the lower right. There are a pair of them in this pic.

It would be nice to see some hummingbirds this year, it is a pain to clean and fill their feeders. They should be seen here in April, according to this map.

No comments:

Post a Comment